View Royal is geographically central among the communities of Greater Victoria, bordered by Colwood, Langford, Highlands, Saanich and Esquimalt. Present population is just more than 8,000 residents. The town was incorporated in 1988, but View Royal was settled by Europeans in the 1850’s, when Dr. John Helmcken bought 640 acres from the Hudson’s Bay Company to establish a farm. Prior to this the area was home to people of the Coast Salish. There are historic web sites that you could check out to learn about early days in View Royal, which includes:
· Craigflower Manor and Schoolhouse – which delivers a fantastic appear into the day to day life of settlers in the mid 1800’s. The two story farmhouse is the third oldest building in BC, and narrowly escaped destruction by fire in January 2009, and
· Six Mile Pub –is the oldest continually operating pub in BC (established in 1855), with a reputation for outstanding pub meals and a friendly atmosphere.
Right now View Royal is a largely residential municipality, and is divided into seven precincts:
· Hospital, and
These divisions had been determined by various aspects including topography, organic atmosphere, residential history, and transportation corridors.
View Royal is also property to the Victoria Common Hospital, the largest medical facility in Higher Victoria. Policing is offered by the West Shore RCMP, and View Royal has a fire division comprised of each career and volunteer firefighters. Garbage and food waste are collected weekly by a company contracted to the town of View Royal, and the Capital Regional District (CRD) operates a area-wide blue box recyclable collection program.
Properties in View Royal incorporate condominiums, multi-household and single loved ones residences, and variety extensively in price tag based on place, age and situation. There is anything for each and every potential property purchaser, regardless of whether hunting for that 1st property, moving up to a larger location, or downsizing. There are even highly desirable waterfront properties, and every little thing in View Royal is within an straightforward commute to the City of Victoria!
There are numerous opportunities for recreation in View Royal, you may possibly want to visit:
· Thetis Lake Park – where you will discover sandy beaches, perfect for a dip on a hot summer season day, as nicely as an comprehensive network of hiking trails. The lake program, consisting of two lakes (Upper and Reduced Thetis) connected by a narrow culvert passable by canoe or kayak, supplies almost endless exploration of remote bays, beaches and tiny islands
· Francis/King Regional Park – a gorgeous woodland park with tons of trails including the Elsie King boardwalk, a 550 metre trail accessible to these with restricted mobility, and a nature house featuring educational displays of the regional flora and fauna
· Portage Inlet – comply with the Gorge waterway inland and you’ll learn this tranquil jewel, well-known with canoers, kayakers and birdwatchers, and
· Mill Hill Regional Park – where you can hike by way of cool woodlands and climb to the summit of Mill Hill for spectacular views of Esquimalt Harbour and Victoria.
View Royal is a friendly community in Greater Victoria with diverse options in housing, and access to all sorts of outside recreation, whether you are a golfer, hiker, kayaker, birdwatcher or just want to get out into the great outdoors. With these attributes, as properly as straightforward access to Victoria and all the buying, theatre, music and cultural activities that are provided in the city, it’s no wonder that View Royal is such a well-liked municipality for homebuyers!